Thursday, October 13, 2016

Life and Times of a Burnt Out Cig

I'm going down for the last time, I came back to steal a look, shadows fall on the wall, all my eyes could see,

Heavy footsteps, quiet shadows, no, no, no.

She grabbed the knife, but it was to late, left field hanging the fate, and I can see there is no hope left.

Johnny said he had a gun and I believed him, the bullets were hot, the blood was spattered on the back of my mind, looks I only need to find, no, no, no, it'll be okay, it's the nature of our change, and it's looking like I last another friend, in the darkness of the skies, my eyes just bleed, no time to save me now, no time to hold me, no time, no time.

The day is getting shorter, the bodies getting older, the colder days of yesterday frost my mind, no time to go back, feet keep
 moving forward, no time to stand and look, I gotta go, I gotta go.

They told me I had all I need and I just bleed the basement cold, Jane says I been gone for so long, but I get back there every night, goodbye, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment