Saturday, September 10, 2016

My Oklahoma Home

In my younger days a drifters walk and keep on moving strut is what I had, no ties to one piece of rock, I was a firm believer in the home is where the heart is and my heart beat in the wind.
With eyes open wide this land I traversed to and fro, I have seen my share of good times and bad times, they called me Homeless but I always had my home on my back.
Why? You ask, did I drift so, for a song why else. Now I am old and my drifting days surely over and now I snuggle into my Oklahoma home.
I was not born here but I think I am growing roots here, 5 years to ponder and plan my escape but every opportunity I gleefully squander away as I look out my window and see the birds I remember a time I was just like them and now my wings have been clipped and I am happily grounded in Oklahoma.
But now I must entertain the thought of leaving my Oklahoma home, why? Bad luck, bad love, my immovable rock of deteriorating mental state, too tired, to tore up from the floor up to shake the necessary branches to obtain a higher success, I am a dinosaur, I play old style rock and blues that is not even a novelty anymore, could not tell you what is wrong with the art I create, some yes is shocking but compared to some contemporary art and movies I have seen it is rather mild so nobody buys my art or the t-shirts I slam them on plus let's not forgot no money for any advertising, I just never stood a chance and that is the irony in all of this, I got clean to shrivel up into my mind, burn my talent, be a burned out, burned up crispy critter rocker that is guilty of committing rock –n- roll and music history.
My name is Reverend Sarah Schultheiss, AKA: The Wicced One and eventually I will not be able to stop the inevitable and will become homeless and what does it matter, one more homeless does not mean anything to anybody, obviously.

I have asked people to buy a t-shirt and I can not even sell one, everybody tells me how good my music is but will not even buy a song, I cannot afford any advertising so I am stuck, out of luck, but one day after I am dead and gone somebody will find the material I leave behind, maybe anyway, I did find a place to call home even if it was for a short minute on the scheme of things, I love Kentucky but Oklahoma is my home and I may have to say goodbye and that sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment